At Space Ape, we believe in making innovative, high-quality games that are fun to play and even more fun with your friends. We believe in tempering those games with world class technology. We believe that making a whole lot of people happy through great games is good.
We are committed to building a company of world-class engineering and world-class game craftsmanship: A place where the best engineers love to work and the best game designers and developers love to create the future of play.
Our culture is centred around empowerment, passion, commitment, and fun. We’re a small team because we believe small teams can change the world. And one day when we are bigger, we’ll be a bigger company full of small teams.
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is, well, kick ass.
We seek individuals who, in addition to being amazing engineers, also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company. Designing features, making decisions, recruiting, finding users; you name it. And foosball.
But most of all, we are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who share our love of technology and games.
- Taking responsibility for server development in an agile team comprising front-end engineering, server engineering, devops, art, game design and QA engineering.
- Working with java/scala and various opensource frameworks, particularly dropwizard and AWS SDK to develop game features, middleware, common components and tools
- Taking part in all aspects of the sprint life-cycle, from feature design and planning through implementation, launch and live operations support
- Creating elegant, reusable code and unit tests
- Working alongside other members of the team to help express technical concepts in a clear and accessible way
- Excellent server engineering skills
- Experience and/or a passion for functional programming
- Experience working in a client-server environment
- Experience working in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience working with NoSQL systems
- Experience working in a team building and supporting a product with a significant user base
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
Bonus points for
- Having worked on a successful (>1M MAU) free to play game
- Having built and launched a mobile game on iOS and Android
- Having designed and developed an AWS based architecture with more than 100 servers
- Having a reputation in the industry for excellence in creating / contributing to open source projects
- Having a working knowledge of AngularJS
- Having a working knowledge of Unity3D
- Being a world champion at foosball
- Being a fan of one of our games
Why Space Ape
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is really cool. It is nice, bright, and open, the kitchen is stocked and the Foosball table is wifi-enabled. We also offer..
- Tax-advantaged stock option plan on top of a competitive salary
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Season ticket travel loan
- Corp discount at local gym
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Regular company & team lunches
- Whole company performance benefits
- Frequent Company Events:
- Seasonal Parties, Cinema, Game Jams, Go Kart, Foosball, Board & LAN Game nights
- Training and conferences on the table