Space Ape, is an award winning mobile games company with a strong team of 100+ talented and experienced game developers.
Our mission is to create a top grossing hits by defining and owning new genres on mobile building on our initial success with Samurai Siege: Alliance Wars, Rival Kingdoms: Eye of Destruction and Transformers: Earth Wars, in addition to multiple new games to launch globally in 2017.
We are looking for a talented Game Designer to help us achieve our goal of creating genre- defining games. This role will be a great for somebody with a proven track record and passion towards designing games across a wide range of genres, from casual social games to strategic mid-core titles with deep and engaging meta.
- Proven experience working with games all the way from concepting to delivery and live operation
- A deep understanding of how to design, deliver and script interesting gameplay mechanics and balance complex strategy gameplay with hundreds of characters
- Free-to-play game design experience or a deep understanding and love of the market
- Shipped at least one game and if you have killed a game that's a bonus!
- Able to utilize and react to game analytics and player sentiment to suggest improvements and influence the design.
- Strong head for numbers, expertise with spreadsheets and data
- Ample experience designing and balancing multiplayer systems and economy
- A fun and engaging personality with a passion for games of all sorts, sizes and styles
Bonus points for:
- A love of robots
- Creative writing powers and storytelling skills
- Experience working in Unity
- Extensive experience operating and improving a live game with active player base.
- A passion for mobile strategy games such as Game of War, Clash Royale and Hearthstone.
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is nice, bright, and open, the kitchen is stocked and the Foosball table is wifi-enabled. We also offer:
- Tax-advantaged stock option plan on top of a competitive salary
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Season ticket travel loan
- Personal training & development budget
- Corp discount at local gym
- Free breakfast & Fully stocked kitchen
- Regular company & team lunches
- Company-wide performance benefits
- Frequent Company Events: Seasonal Parties, Cinema, Game Jams, Go Kart, Foosball, Board & LAN Game nights
- Further training and conferences on the table