Job title: Game Developer Reports to: Senior Developer
Current location: Soho, London Status: Full time
Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. And we’re just getting started.
Our company is built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. We believe this enables us to innovate, move faster and have more creative ownership.
We’re seeking passionate developers with a broad range of talents and skills to join our team and help craft new gameplay features, engineer shared technologies, and collaborate with designers on new and innovative ideas.
About the role
At Space Ape, people are our most important resource. We look for Passionate, Productive, Team Players and pride ourselves on being self-motivated. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. The next big game can come from any one of us and YOU can be a key part of our journey.
You will be a client side game developer working in a small, empowered, cross functional team.
- Primarily you will develop using Unity3D and C# but other tools as you find the need
- Owning and delivering gameplay features, tech solutions, and tooling projects end to end
- Contributing regularly to code shared between several other teams and developers
- Assisting in sprint planning and roadmaps with insights and and technical advice
- Helping other colleagues achieve their best, and overcome their technical problems
- Act as an ambassador for development, both inside and outside of Space Ape
- Experience developing and releasing at least one game
- Experience with modern game engine, bonus points for Unity 3D
- Experience using C# or at least one C-style language
- Able to communicate and solve mathematics, and physics based problems effectively
- Understanding of modern computer graphics, and common graphical techniques
- Able to design and build mobile user interfaces
- Working knowledge of development and tools for Android and iOS
- Understanding of networking, client-server, and bonus points for games as a service
- Bonus points for having experience working on a successful (>1M MAU) free to play game
About Space Ape
Space Ape Games is an award winning mobile games company with a talented team of 100+ gamers in the heart of London.
We have delivered four successful mobile games - Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge, with multiple new and exciting things going on behind the scenes.
Recently, Space Ape has entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell. We are still independent and masters of our own destiny, but now we’ve got Supercell’s support to help us make and distribute massive hit games. Our mission is unchanged: to make the world’s best mobile games.
For our mission to succeed, we need a few more great people. If you want to have a key role on a gaming journey-of-a-lifetime, please apply to join our team.
We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including a stock option plan, private health care, and personal training budget.
Additionally, there is free breakfast, a fully stocked kitchen with the regular company and team lunches. We host internal game jams, company events, seasonal parties, cinema outings and conferences. There is also foosball, pinball, consoles, board and LAN game nights.Senior Art Director, Visual Development.