At Space Ape we believe in making innovative, high quality games that are fun to play and even more fun with your friends. We believe in tempering those games with world class technology. We believe that making a whole lot of people happy through great games is good.
We are committed to building a company of world class engineering and world class game craftsmanship: A place where the best engineers love to work and the best game designers and developers love to create the future of play.
Our culture is centered around empowerment, passion, commitment, and fun. We’re a small team because we believe small teams can change the world. And one day when we are bigger, we’ll be a bigger company full of small teams.
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is, well, kick ass. It is nice, bright, open, and the kitchen is stocked.
We seek individuals who, in addition to being amazing engineers, also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company. Designing features, making decisions, multi-stack programming, recruiting, finding users; you name it. And foosball.
But most of all, we are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who share our love of technology and games.
- Taking responsibility for front-end development in an agile team comprising front-end engineering, server engineering, devops, art, game design and QA engineering.
- Working within Unity3D to develop game features, UI, middleware, common components and tools in C#.
- Taking part in all aspects of the sprint life-cycle, from feature design and planning through implementation, launch and live operations support
- Creating elegant, reusable code and unit tests in C#.
- Working alongside other members of the team to help express technical concepts in a clear and accessible way
- Excellent front-end programming skills
- Experience programming complex gameplay behaviours
- Experience working in a client-server environment
- Experience of UI development
- Experience developing with 3D graphics and effects
- Experience working in a team building and supporting a game with a significant user base
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- A working knowledge of Unity3D using C#.
- A working knowledge of developing for mobile platforms
Bonus points for
- Having worked on a successful (>1M MAU) free to play game
- Having built and launched a mobile game on iOS and Android
- Having a reputation in the industry for excellence in creating / contributing to open source projects
- Being a world champion at foosball
- Being a Samurai Siege fan