Game Operations Manager
Space Ape Game’s Game Ops Manager will be the glue between our product and live ops teams by assisting with the on-going community management and configuration of in-game promotional events, contests and balancing changes to drive monthly goals for Transformers: Earth Wars. You will collaborate with all areas of the business including the Product team, developers, CS, QA, Art, analytics.
As a Space Ape Game Ops Manager you will be responsible for the growth of our games and managing our communities.
- Manage the on-going VIP Community development such as overseeing the creation of the VIP newsletter, suggesting high level initiatives for events, engagement/re-engagement activities.
- Act as the escalation manager for on-going player-reported issues
- Monitor day-to-day player sentiment and make recommendations to the Product team for improvements
- Bridge the communication gap between player and product, knowing when to escalate and when not to based on scope of issue, player sentiment etc.
- Define game specific policies and procedures for interacting with our players in Band, via tickets, or other methods (high level initiatives).
- Managing player refunds and exploit management
- Cross-training in Live Ops with the goal of reducing the day-to-day tasks for our Live Ops managers, configuration of in-game events, and game balancing
For the right candidate, this role would be an ideal transition into a career in Live Operations or Product.
- Must play the games extensively (Transformers: Earth Wars, Rival Kingdoms, Samurai Siege ) and competitor games – on a daily basis
- Prior experience managing player expectations and communications (killer writing skills)
- Prior experience in community, support, or possibly Live Ops
- Strong understanding of the mobile gaming player mindset to align event specs to players needs, factoring in company & team goals.
- Detailed oriented and fast learner
- Understanding of CMS driven content
- Deep understanding of what get’s gamers’ blood racing is a plus.
- You have a strong work ethic and are looking for a company where you can grow into Live Ops, Product, Tech or Game Design.
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is really cool. It is nice, bright, and open, the kitchen is stocked and the Foosball table is wifi-enabled. We also offer:
- Tax-advantaged stock option plan on top of a competitive salary
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Season ticket travel loan
- Corp discount at local gym
- Free breakfast & Fully stocked kitchen
- Regular company & team lunches
- Whole company performance benefits
- Frequent Company Events: Seasonal Parties, Cinema, Game Jams, Go Kart, Foosball, Board & LAN Game nights
- Training and conferences on the table