IT Support & Operations Engineer
Job title: IT Support & Operations Engineer
Reports to: Head of Technical Operations
Current location: Soho, London
Status: Full time
Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. And we’re just getting started.
Our company is built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. We believe this enables us to innovate, move faster and have more creative ownership.
At this important stage of the company’s growth, we are looking for an individual to help equip our game teams with everything they need to make the next top grossing title!
You will be a key member of the IT Operations team, helping to plan our future, deliver new tech and resolve problems facing our teams.
About the role
As part of the IT Operations team you’ll be taking on the challenge of building and maintaining a modern infrastructure that touches everyone at Space Ape.
It’s an important role: we run everything from the desktops, laptops and network to audio-visual setups, streaming rigs and cloud services that let our teams make and support great games.
You’ll need to be a great communicator, a fast learner and have a passion for tech of all kinds. You’ll have an eye for detail and be forward thinking. You’ll be passionate about automation, monitoring and helping folk to help themselves.
At Space Ape people are our most important resource. We look for Passionate, Productive, Team Players and pride ourselves on being self-motivated. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. The next big game can come from any one of us and YOU can be a key part of our journey.
The team has a broad range of responsibilities. Some of the things you'll find yourself doing in this role include:
- Responding to and resolving support requests from tickets, direct messages and walk ups
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues with macOS and Windows computers
- Assisting with the monitoring and maintenance of our LAN, Wi-Fi and WAN connectivity
- Managing user permissions on cloud tools and services (e.g. G Suite, Atlassian Cloud, GitHub, LastPass Enterprise, Egnyte Connect, HockeyApp and Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Onboarding new users and helping teams with desk moves within the studio
- Researching and sourcing new hardware, peripherals and software
- Ensuring our users have appropriate licenses for the software they need and use
- Looking after our audio-visual setups (meeting rooms, conference bridges, streaming rigs and console gaming areas)
- Performing regular proactive maintenance checks and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups
- Helping design and build new systems to improve the working lives of everyone at Space Ape
- Providing documentation and training for the studio
- Support the running of a broad range of events (game launches, industry events, meetups and staff parties)
The kinds of skills and knowledge we’re looking for include:
- Great knowledge of both macOS and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency maintaining and upgrading hardware
- Basic networking experience (Patching, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, VPNs)
- Experience managing users on G Suite, Office 365 or other similar cloud collaboration platforms
- Ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to both technical and non-technical users
- Adaptability in learning and deploying new technologies
- A desire to help your colleagues help themselves wherever possible
- Any experience with scripting is an advantage but not required
We know that everyone's different and so, even if you don't have all the requirements we mention here, it doesn't mean we don't want to talk. Let us know what excites you about Space Ape and let's see!
About Space Ape
Space Ape Games is an award winning mobile games company with a talented team of 100+ gamers in the heart of London.
We have delivered four successful mobile games - Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge, with multiple new and exciting things going on behind the scenes.
Recently, Space Ape has entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell. We are still independent and masters of our own destiny, but now we’ve got Supercell’s support to help us make and distribute massive hit games. Our mission is unchanged: to make the world’s best mobile games.
For our mission to succeed, we need a few more great people. If you want to have a key role on a gaming journey-of-a-lifetime, please apply to join our team.
We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including a stock option plan, private health care, pension, season ticket loans and personal training budget.
Additionally, there is free breakfast, a fully stocked kitchen with the regular company and team lunches. We host internal game jams, company events, seasonal parties, cinema outings and conferences. There is also foosball, pinball, consoles, board and LAN game nights.