Space Ape Games is an award winning mobile games company with a strong 100+ talents in the heart of London that believe in small empowered teams. The team has delivered four successful mobile games - Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane, and we are planning multiple new game launches in 2017.
Recently, Space Ape has entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell. We are masters of our own destiny and have operational independence. But now we’ve got Supercell’s support to help us make and distribute massive hit games. Our mission is unchanged: to make the world’s best mobile games.
The UI/UX Designer is a key player in determining the future experiences of Space Ape’s players. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows and artifacts, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
At Space Ape Games we don’t believe in unnecessary bureaucracy, so no complex approval systems and hierarchies. Our art team is extremely passionate and highly driven, who believe that by working as a team the best work is created, if you think you would thrive in this atmosphere then you might just be the Designer we are looking for.
- Produce creative, user focused and easy to use wireframes, user flows and written documentation for our games.
- Create stunning User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to high quality and in a variety of styles.
- Work hands-on with developers and other artists to implement user interfaces into software.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and/or expert review to iteratively improve solutions.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience creating user interfaces and/or artwork for the web, mobile applications or video games.
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating UI solutions.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Proven ability to work with designers, producers and engineers to develop the designs through an iterative process.
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography with a sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail in a timely manner.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies and design psychology.
- Comfortable with a broad range of styles.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
- A "raise the bar" attitude.
- Experience using the Unity Game Engine
- Experience of working in an agile (e.g. SCRUM/Kanban) environment using agile ceremonies (e.g. stand-ups sprint planning, retrospectives) and working with agile artefacts (e.g. user stories, task boards).
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and review and exercise independent judgement.
- Experience in conducting user research and evaluating user feedback.
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms.
- Experience in other design related fields such as 3D modeling, After Effects,
- Animation, Motion graphics design production.
We believe that happiness is important. We strive to create a happy and productive working environment. Our studio is really cool. It is nice, bright, and open, the kitchen is stocked and the Foosball table is wifi-enabled. We also offer:
- Tax-advantaged stock option plan on top of a competitive salary
- Whole-company performance benefits
- Private healthcare Insurance
- Season ticket travel loan
- Discount at our local gym
- Free breakfast and fully stocked kitchen
- Regular company and team lunches
- Frequent Company Events: Seasonal Parties, Cinema, Game Jams, Go Kart, Foosball, Board & LAN Game nights
- Personal training and conference budget